Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Secrets of Gluten-Free Baking, Scrumptious Review

 
Last April I became very ill and it took some doing but a special doctor and chiropractor were able to figure out that I had Leaky Gut Syndrome which is a weird way of saying that my body was pretty much rejecting everything I ate. A side problem was that my liver decided to try to go into failure so I was suddenly very motivated to heal my body!
I went on a special diet and learned a ton about gluten-free cooking. I don't know if I'll always have to be gluten-free but let me tell you, if you're just eating pre-made GF mixes from the store and other pre-made GF crap and you recognize that it is crap and also a diabetic nightmare, this is the cookbook for you! Jillayne Clements is my new hero! The Secrets of Gluten-Free Baking is the best cookbook I've seen for Gluten-Free eating. Jillayne shows how to simply and easily sprout rice and beans to make your own healthful, fresh, and tasty flours. Don't let the word "sprout" scare you, it really is 5 minutes a day and to prove it, I have pictures.


I received this cookbook to review on Friday and I've already made Black Bean Brownies, Chicken & Dumpling Soup, and this morning--absolutely scrumptious Sourdough Pancakes--and all of it was gluten-free!
Here's a couple pictures of the batter for my pancakes this morning

and the finished product which my entire family enjoyed. I especially loved this because it's been a long time since I indulged in a pancake. Early on, I tried some gluten-free mixes that were absolutely disgusting. I'm here to tell you that Jillayne Clements recipes are delicious and healthy!

Here's the blurb from the book:
Gluten-free, healthy and delicious? Yes, it is possible! Use Jillayne Clements unique whole foods approach to baking to create Buttermilk Biscuits, Honey Oat Bread, Potato Rolls, German Chocolate Cake, and more! This book blends taste and satisfying nutrition into mouthwatering gluten-free recipes your whole family will enjoy. Bake your way to better health today!

If you'd like to see more about this book, check out my companion website, www.mashedpotatoesandcrafts.com for a special post with more pictures and instructions.

Visit Jillayne's author website here http://www.jillayneclements.com/
and her blog here http://jillayneclements.blogspot.com/
Purchase at Amazon Deseret Book http://beta.deseretbook.com/Secrets-Gluten-Free-Baking-Cookbook-Jillayne-Clements/i/5117610, and anywhere great books are sold!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails