Friday, August 15, 2014

Strange Dreams & Why I'm Still Blogging

So lately I haven't been able to give much attention to this blog, because I just had my fifth baby and turned in my fifth book to my publisher! But I also didn't want to give up and wasn't sure how to juggle everything.
Here's a pic of me and that sweet baby boy!

Can you believe that I have been blogging for almost 7 years?! I was surprised when I looked back to see and I definitely don't want to quit now because I've met so many great bloggy friends over the years.
A few days ago, I read this lovely post http://www.ja-bennett.com/2014/07/owning-it.html by J. A. Bennett and felt inspired to just let go and blog for the fun of it again.



Here's the result of that freeing feeling--I'm going to tell you about the crazy dream I had last night. Be ready, it's pretty silly, it made my hubby laugh and shake his head when I told him.

In the dream I was at some sort of parade, sitting next to my husband. I noticed that my publisher, Shadow Mountain, was there and some other book friends. Then I noticed that there were some book reviewers walking along and one in particular had a big poster with her review of my latest book, Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things. She came right up to me and I glanced at the poster and noticed the review was less than glowing. The reviewer started talking to me in kind of a negative way and my husband started arguing with her so I whispered to him, "Don't argue, just listen."
Then the reviewer with her big yellow poster started telling me how she didn't like how I wrote the book in a Sci Fi (Science Fiction) style. *Here is where you note that this is an especially strange dream*
I told the reviewer that my book wasn't Sci Fi, it was a mystery, but she didn't agree and wanted to bash my book. So then I said, "If you think my book is Sci Fi, then I don't want to talk to you. Go and talk to my publisher."
And then my dream moved to the set of "Shark Tank" where I was a spectator listening to some guy talk about how he had a chocolate breakfast shake every morning and Mark Cuban nodded and said, "Yeah, I do that too. I haven't ate breakfast in fifteen years."

See I told you my dream was bizarro!
My analysis with a few chuckles: My new book is definitely on my mind a lot because I hope that people like it and I'm excited to see what they think and I guess a little worried too! My reviews have been great though so I better remind my dream self not to worry so much.
I definitely know how the Shark Tank entered my dreams. My hubby and I recently discovered the show and are hooked! We've been watching reruns a couple nights a week. We watched the episode where Danny presented InvisaRack and Robert Herjavec cried when he talked about his factory worker father. I'm thinking that's why Shark Tank entered my dream land.

See, now that was fun and I'm reminded why I enjoyed blogging at the very beginning when I started almost seven years ago. I'm going to try my best to update this blog every Friday with a more personal post, delving more into my journaling style. On Wednesday, I'll continue to review books and products. I love to share reviews, especially about great books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails