Thursday, January 29, 2015

Review of Audio CD By John Bytheway, Embark!

John Bytheway is an incredible speaker who particularly appeals to youth, but I think all ages can benefit from listening to him and his motivational talks filled with spiritual enlightenment and anecdotes that remind us of what we can do to make a difference in our lives and others.

 I recently listened to the new audio CD Embark! by John Bytheway and in the beginning he talks about what the word "Embark" means. My six-year-old son was in and out of the kitchen while I was listening and I didn't think he was really paying attention but when John asked the audience if they knew what "Embark" means, my son smiled and said. "I know what it means. I can embark on my horse." He pointed at the bouncy horse on our patio. This not only made me smile, but reassured me that this audio CD is excellent for the entire family to listen to.

I'd encourage you to pick up this CD and listen to it a few times, in the car, in the kitchen, etc. to give yourself a chance to really soak up the great ideas John shares. I always feel stronger after listening to him speak, like even though life is tough we can get through it if we hold tight to what we know is right and keep trying!

Here's a little more information about this new presentation:
An ideal talk that supports the new 2015 Mutual theme!
In this motivating talk related to the 2015 youth theme, John
Bytheway explains what it means to truly embark—to get
fully on board in the service of God with all your heart, might,
mind, and strength. Using scriptures, powerful stories, and his
characteristic humor, John explains that with the Savior’s help,
we can remain on board and eventually stand blameless before
God at the last day.

John Bytheway served a mission to the Philippines and later
graduated from Brigham Young University. A favorite speaker
and teacher, John holds a master’s degree in religious education
and is a part-time instructor at BYU. John is the author of many
bestselling books, audio talks, and DVDs, including How Do I
Know if I Know?; Of Pigs, Pearls, and Prodigals; When Times
are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get through Almost
Anything; and the 2014 youth theme talk on CD, Come Unto
Christ. He and his wife, Kimberly, have six children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails