Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review of Madilyn Paige Debut CD and Link to New Music Video

Today I get to share my review of brand new music by vocalist Madilyn Paige. She was on the TV Show The Voice which is pretty awesome but honestly, I don't know much about that because I don't watch The Voice. I like good clean music that is upbeat with great messages. It was pretty neat to get to hear this CD before its official release date!

Here's a little more about Madilyn's CD and read on for my review:

This stunning self-titled debut EP features a set of tunes notable for their raw emotion and beautiful soundscapes. Madilyn wrote or co-wrote every song on the album, drawin from her own struggles as a teenager and her heartfelt expressions of the joy she finds in life. The first track, "Irreplaceable," begins with aching introspection and soars to an assurance of self-worth; the folloring track, "Foolish Game," was written right after Madilyn left the TV show The Voice and gives insight into the inevitability of discouragement in life and the realization that you can rise above the games that people play. An epic movie score string section combines with powerful rhythms on "Undercover," a breathtaking song about overcoming sadness and seeking the light all around you. The final track, "Little Things," playfully reminds us that the little things in life are the source of true joy.

Rachelle's Thoughts: Madilyn has a nice sultry voice and I like how the lyrics of the songs are for the most part clear enough to hear easily. Her songs have meaning behind them and I applaud her singer/songwriter efforts. I will say that her range is not shown very well in these songs. She stays mostly in the same vocal range and because of that, most of the songs sound kind of the same. Taking a few listens while cooking, cleaning, and taking care of kids, I couldn't really notice much difference between the songs. A more careful, concentrated listen with effort allowed me to hear each song for its own offering, but I felt like the music lacked that zing that it needs to set it apart from the rest of the noise out there. Despite that, I think Madilyn shows promise. The song "Irreplaceable" carries an excellent message that is worth paying attention to and sharing with others.

Here's the info on the release of Madilyn's video for Irreplaceable:
You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dosLdLCAED8
We hope that this song and music video can be a reminder and an inspiration to girls and women everywhere that no matter how hard life may be, or how down you may feel that you are, in fact, Irreplaceable.

If you feel like this is a message you can get on board with we would love it if you’d share it on your social media channels! The more people that believe they are Irreplaceable in this life the better off we will be.

I was provided a copy of this CD in exchange for my honest opinion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails