Thursday, March 19, 2015

Review of Forgotten Skills of Backyard Herbal Healing and Family Health

Today's book review is brought to you by a great new book titled Forgotten Skills of Backyard Herbal Healing and Family Health by Caleb Warnock and Kristin Skirvin. I was given a review copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
  I was thrilled to have the chance to read this book because I own Caleb Warnock's other books and have loved reading and learning from them. Here are links to them because you'll want to check them out as well.


A little about the book Forgotten Skills of Backyard Herbal Healing and Family Health:
Modern medicine can work wonders, but most of it has roots in the healing powers you can find in your own backyard. This informative book teaches you to harvest, dry, and store herbs that will keep you healthy. Discover how to use natural remedies safely, so you can nurture your family's wellness without leaving home.

Rachelle's thoughts: I love reading books like this that teach concepts that our ancestors used to survive and thrive in life. I believe that this beautiful earth has so much to offer us but we are slowly losing the knowledge of how to eat, live, and be healthy from the ground up. This book is packed with tons of information on herbs used as medicines to heal and add health and vitality to life without turning to prescription drugs. For someone who exhausted the traditional medical doctor's care without discovering a solution to my health problems, this book resonates deeply with me.
I have marked up this book and plan to re-read it again because there is just so much information, so much to learn!
The first thing I tried was to have my husband read the page about onions when I got a bad cold and was congested. He followed the directions, cooking the onion and putting a towel over his head above the steam and within ten minutes his sinuses were completely clear. He couldn't believe how well it worked. He repeated the process over the next two days and felt so much better. This is important because my husband doesn't like to take over the counter decongestants because they make his blood pressure rise and make him feel uncomfortable. How wonderful to have a remedy that is age-old, safe, and effective!
I love the format of this book, beautiful photo illustrations in bold colors, easy to read instructions and information. The narrative provided by Caleb and Kristin felt engaging and as if I was in a class with them in my home.
If you desire to break free from the helplessness many of us feel concerning the medical industry's limits, you should buy this book and Caleb's other books and get ready to change your life!



Order your copy today if you want to get in on this great learning curve

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails