Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Highlights from Handel's Messiah by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

I'm helping you prep for a Christmas in July celebration! Did you know that the acclaimed Mormon Tabernacle Choir  and the Orchestra at Temple Square has performed and recorded the entire production of Handel's Messiah? I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy of this exquisite masterpiece featuring Sonya Yoncheva, Tamara Mumford, Rolando Villazon, and Bryn Terfel, with Mack Wilberg conducting.

This is an amazing collection of music. If you don't have Handel's Messiah in your collection, then get it now. It's one of those rare creations that is timeless, inspiring, and wonderful at any time of the year.
I always get chills when I listen to the Hallelujah chorus. I think I especially love the Messiah because I sang some of the songs in college choir and it was an unforgettable experience.

One thing I've noticed is that this type of music, specifically some of the instrumental music is soothing to my children. I have a 5 year old who is absolutely nuts, but he loves music. I've caught him several times with CDs like this in his room, just listening, bobbing his head to the beat. It's remarkable to me because I am often exhausted by his ironclad will (read stubborness) but there is something about music that speaks to a different part of him.

Try something new today. Listen to a piece of classical music and find out how it affects your house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails